St. Thomas Vistas


Sorry for the time between posts, I've been sick for a week and I'm counting on these sunshiny pix to drive my cold away.  St. Thomas offers lovely views, especially at high points around the island.


I snapped these from the observation deck of the Botanical Gardens. In the distance, you can see the neighboring islands of St. John and Tortola, which is part of the British Virgin Islands.



I love that the sea looks so blue that it resembles a fabulous oil painting instead of reality.  Have you seen any great views lately?

Comments

Cynthia said…
stunning and the trees are so lush!
eden said…
Fantastic scenery. You are living in a beautiful place. I love the blue sea. It reminds me of the island where I grew up. You take good pictures as always.
Fly Girl said…
Cynthia, the view overlooks the botanical gardens so every plant was lush. Thanks for visiting.

Eden, I'm afraid I don't live in St. Thomas, although I visit often enough.
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Beautiful views. I can't see better views than you do.
Catherine said…
These views should be a good pick-me-up - hope you are feeling better with all that blue sky and sea - I have been taking in some particularly gorgeous architectural vistas this week...
Fly Girl said…
JEan-Luc, Englad has beautiful views as well.

Catherine, thanks, I'm a little better. Headed over to see your architectural shots that I always love!
Sophie said…
Lovely photos. Landscape reminds me a little of crater lakes in the Azores.
Fly Girl said…
Sophie, thanks for visiting. I'll have to check out the Azores.
CityDiggity said…
Beautiful landscapes! I'd love to see the botanic garden pictures some time. Glad you're feeling better.
Fly Girl said…
Avis, the Botanical Gardens were really lovely, thanks.
Ahhh...the beach! wish i was there...
Fly Girl said…
Jen, you and me both!
Lola said…
Man! So want to be there right now.
Fly Girl said…
Lola, I'm with you.
Mary and Sean said…
I love the light blue rings around the islands. We actually have a fantastic view right outside our own balcony.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons