Next Stop: The Crossroad of the Americas


 I travel through North and South America a lot but never at once. This feat can only happen in Panama, where the Bridge of the Americas, pictured above, connects both continents as it spans the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal.  I'll be exploring Panama on a media trip where I'll visit legendary structures like the Panama Canal, Bridge of the Americas and Casco Viejo (Old Panama), which dates back to the 1600s, when pirates controlled much of the region. I'm most excited about visiting an Embera Indian village tucked into the Panamanian rain forest, where I'll learn about native plants and rituals. Look out for posts on Panamanian culture, food and fun next week.

Comments

Catherine said…
I never managed to get to Panama when I lived in that part of the world, so will be very interested in your forthcoming posts....
Fly Girl said…
Catherine,I promise they will be as interested as Panama's hybrid culture!
Sounds like an exciting trip, Rosalind! Looking forward to hearing more...
Beautiful shot. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Andrew, it was a very interesting experience. I look forward to sharing.

Cubano, thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons