A Fall Day in the Czech Republic


The beauty of Prague and the nearby towns of Telc and Trebic was staggering. Castles, pristine medieval architecture and monuments filled every other street. The weather was chilly and rainy but that didn't seem to affect the vistas. Golden leaves covered the cobblestones and courtyards and the rain glistened off the buildings, making them look even more fairy tale-like. It was a lot to absorb since there is so much history connected with all these sights. I walked for miles through each town and besides the beauty, I was struck by the friendliness of the Czechs. Despite a dour reputation, my experience is that Czech people are helpful and proud of their heritage. I learned a lot and I'll be taking you along as I relive my Czech journey.


Comments

Beautiful! :-) Thanks. One of my favourite writers is Czech, Milan Kundera.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Cubano, I started reading Incredible Lightness of Being while I was there. It really help me understand a lot more about the story. He referenced so many places in Plague that I went to.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons