Lush Living At Ladera



Tropical paradise is an overused term but St. Lucia truly personifies the concept. The tiny island isn't called the Helen of the West Indies for nothing. Helen of Troy's legendary beauty inspired wars but the gorgeous St. Lucia landscape inspires a hypnotic daze. There's jaw-dropping beauty everywhere you turn, from the twin peaks of the Pitons, to the lush rain forests and the cobalt blue waters. Ladera eco resort in Soufriere embraces all this natural beauty. The 32 rooms of the resort display only 3 walls, so that the stunning views of mountain ridges and the Pitons are never obscured. There are no TVs, phones or radios on Ladera. The only sounds you hear are of tree frogs and splashing waves.


The Pitons hover over the entire resort, offering panoramic views from every room's angle. Ladera feels like a luxury tree house, where you can gaze out at treetops and vegetation constantly.


All of Ladera's materials, including wood, stonework, terracotta tiles and decor are made locally. I loved this sink accented with a conch sell that was probably fished out of the sea right near the resort.



Each room includes a plunge pool and fountains. I thought the swing was very enticing. It's like a water-friendly hammock, where you can lounge and dive back into the water when you feel like it.



The Ladera grounds include a spa, hot mineral baths and a famous restaurant, Dashene, which I'll explore in my next post. I'm not usually a big fan of resorts and large hotels but Ladera exudes authentic Lucian charm and loveliness.

Comments

Catherine said…
I wouldn´t say know to staying here for a while...looks sumptuous!! Does the Friday night party still happen on St Lucia in the North...I just remeber all the collectivos heading there blasting out great music..Were there any really good and memorable performers st the jazz festival this time around??
Fly Girl said…
Catherine, yes, the Friday night Gros Islet jump up is as lively as ever! All the performers besides Amy were great. Michael MacDonald, Patti LaBelle, Chaka Khan and Beres Hammond all gave great shows.
Lushness indeed. I loved that second photo, top to bottom, the way it breaks right into the middle of the picture is fantastic. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.
Very lush. My mom and I are planning to do a cruise in the west indies sooner or later.
Ibou said…
Beautiful pictures!
Fly Girl said…
Cubano and Pa, thanks!

Ebony, after Paris and London, I think a Caribbean cruise would be very satisfying for you and your mom.
I want to sit in the hammock swing with a nice tropical drink........
Ahhhhhhhhh........
Wonderful shots my friend. Hope your Memorial Day is filled with much love, joy and laughter and.......

Steady On
Reggie Girl
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Ladera sounds wonderful.
everthenomad said…
I absolutely love that part of St Lucia! Must be great to be there for the Jazz Fest. Enjoy!
Fly Girl said…
Reggie and Jean-Luc, Ladera is really wonderful!

Ever, the south is my favorite part of St. Lucia as well!
J.M said…
OMG! Your new (old by this I know)blog is fantas-teeque!
Fly Girl said…
So glad to hear from you again Jackie!
Lenoxave said…
Just gorgeous! I've always wanted to spend more time in the Caribbean. Dig your blog big time!
kristine said…
love the swing!!
The first time I traveled to St Lucia, I knew that I had landed in paradise. With lush mountains, fresh fruit everywhere and secluded coves, St Lucia is picture perfect Caribbean. Ladera Resort is then the Caribbean resort.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons