Bom Dia From Brazil



Brazilian creativity is legendary, fresh ideas and innovations just seem to flow with the ease of samba on a sunny day. So you think Brazilians would speak on ordinary public phones? Please. Brazilian phone booths are called orelhao (big ear) because of the function and rounded shape but they hardly resemble anything close to a boring, old phone.




In Bahia, I was excited to see phone booths looking like big, green apples but that wasn't all.




Some perched on corners in the form of gigantic swans.




Others beckoned with the bright petals of the sunflower.



Or the imposing beauty of the rose.



And this duck character, I can't explain who he is, probably the cooler, more stylish (check out the carefully coordinated hat) cousin of Daffy.

Comments

oh wow, those are so fun and funky.
HereBeDragons said…
I think those apple looking things are actually supposed to be those large coconuts they hack open for you at the beach and stick a straw in so you can drink the milk. mmmm. Tasty. I need to revisit Brazil!
Fly Girl said…
Tiffany, I know! Brazilians do everything with flair.

Dragons, the jelly coconuts! I think you're right. What was I thinking? Apples don't grow in Brazil.
Catherine said…
The red red rose is definirtely my favourite!!
Never heard of this Brazilian telephonic trait before, so thanks for the introduction and the tour. It was fantastic.

Greetings from London.
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Those are what I call stylish. Why are phones usually cold and mechanical?
Amanda said…
These are fantastic!
Fly Girl said…
Catherine, the detail in that rose was unbelievable.

Cubano, I think its a trait that seeps through everything they do.

Jean-Luc, leave it to Brazil to create public phone style although I think classic red London boothes are stylish too.

Amanda, they really are.
Anonymous said…
I have just stumbled on this site, I like alot I shall become a follower for real. Good work
Fly Girl said…
Penzifinder, thanks for much for your compliment and for dropping by!
Fly Girl said…
Lauren, they really are!
AngelaCorrias said…
I am SO jealous! I know I'll end up settling in Brazil, it's written somewhere. Last time I went, on my way back to Paris I literally spent the 13-hour flight crying!
I don't even want to go on holiday anymore, next time I'll go, I'll stay :-)
Ms Beauty Soul said…
I swear I didn't notice the creativity with tghe phoneboxes! I thought that they were all blue...

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons