Winter Dreams



Long, cold winters are a Chicago hallmark.  I know it's only February but technically, there're three more freezing months to go. It doesn't really start to warm up consistently until June. So this is the time that I start my winter dreams of tropical escapes.  Cachoeira, a charming, small colonial town in Bahia, Brazil is where I long to be. Perched on the banks of Rio Paraguacu, Cachoeira is filled with cobblestone streets and warm people. Cachoeira means waterfall in Portuguese and the whole time I was there, soft sprinkles of intermittent raindrops fell. I thought the rain added to the languorous, mystical feel of the place. Of course, the fact that I visited a candomble house high in the hills of Cachoeira, might have contributed to that feeling.  I took the postcard perfect photo above while I was standing on top of a hill, gazing down at the lush beauty.  I wish I could be surrounded by all that 
lavish greenery now. What are your winter dreams?

Comments

Avis said…
Roz,
That sounds beautiful! My winter dreams are of spending a spring in Provence. I've wanted to travel there since forever. Cheers!
It is picture perfect indeed! I would have loved to visit that candomble place. I can't wait to go to Brazil.

My winter dream will soon be realised... in spring. I'm off to Malaysia in a few weeks. Second time there and on this occasion we'll be hopping to Thailand, too. Great post.

Greetings from London.
My winter dream is to be in Brazil right now also. I might go next year around this time for carnival.
Fly Girl said…
Avis, Maureen will be there soon and then we can both visit!

Cubano, Malaysia and Thailand! That's a thrilling adventure I can't wait to hear about. Any room in your luggage?

Tiffany, Brazil is beautiful anytime. Carnival will be a huge winter escape.
Catherine said…
picture perfect postcard view - my winter dreams?? happily I am living them right here in mexico city!! will be at one of my favourite beach locations Pie de la Cuesta in just a few weeks´time!! Greetings from Mexico
Toni said…
Lovely photo!
My winter dreams are of my 3 month solo trek from Japan to Bali in three weeks time. It'll still be cold in Japan and China but I'm counting down the days until I'm sunbathing in Thailand.
Fly Girl said…
Catherine, its so good to live your dreams!

Toni,that's a fabulous dream coming true soon. I hope to read about it on your blog. Thanks for dropping by.
bryna said…
would LOVE to be in brazil right now!
Fly Girl said…
Brazil is fabulous anytime but know would indeed be wonderful. Thanks for dropping by.
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Some warm tropical island would be a lot better than the chilly weather I have now.
Fly Girl said…
Jean-Luc, a warm tropical island is always good!
Lola said…
I totally want to be in Northern Africa right now. I've never been and I'm looking forward to going in the near future.
Fly Girl said…
Lola, North Africa! Morroco has long been a dream of mine.
Yes, anywhere tropical, beside the sea, with a few interesting sites to see in between the cocktails would be good for me.
Fly Girl said…
Heather, sounds like a plan!

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons