Kickstarting A Multicultural London Book


My travel blogger and author friend and fellow Chi-Town girl Kiratiana Freelon is on a mission. After guiding readers through the riches of multicultural Paris with her book, Kiratiana's Travel Guide to Black Paris, she aims to tackle London's colorful ethnic enclaves with Kiratiana's Travel Guide to Multicultural London. I have to admit, London is one my favorite cities so I'm a bit biased but I think this is an essential project that needs to happen. Her guide will explore Brixton, Southall, Brick Lane, Dalston and Chinatown and include extensive listings of multicultural festivals and events throughout London. She'll also introduce readers to the food, art and music that define these cultures. But she needs your support to publish the digital book by July 15, in time for the opening  of the Olympic Games.  Please visit her Kickstarter page here and pledge what you can.  She's very close to her goal. Check out her video that explains the significance of this project below.



Comments

Great idea! If she needs any help, let me know. I'll visit her page now. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Cubano, I thought you's appreciate this.
I love this! London is my "second city," and I am there as much as I can possibly be - this project sounds wonderful! Especially because Brits sometimes have a real problem with multiculturalism, I think more books like this need to be made.
Fly Girl said…
Julia, thanks so much for visiting.I agree, there need to be more books like this!
sophie-mayanne said…
This sounds like a brilliant idea!

Amazing blog,
Visit mine sometime, I'd love to know what you think,
maybe we could follow one another?


sophie-mayanne.blogspot.co.uk
Fly Girl said…
Hi Sophie-Mayanne, thanks for visiting. I certainly will visit your blog too.

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons