Friday, August 16, 2013

A Vallarta Vision



I know this totally looks like an arranged scene but I was lucky to grab this classic shot of a paleta vendor relaxing in the Puerto Vallarta sun. The vivid colors of the hammock and dress, accented by the perfect, sun-blocking tilt of his hat makes this one of my favorite travel images this year. I think it showcases the appeal of Mexican culture, from the traditional textiles and importance of entrepreneurs, to the natural tropical beauty, all in one snap.

9 comments:

Heather Dugan said...

Nice... one of my favorite (old!) Puerta Vallarta shots is a close-up of a vendor cleaning his paleta cart. Good memories ; )

Fly Girl said...

Heather, thanks! Yes, the best shot bring back memories as well as showcasing the essence of the place.

TexWisGirl said...

wow, it really is perfect - like you said, couldn't have been staged any better. :)

Fly Girl said...

Tex, thanks!

Weekend-Windup said...

Perfect shot and good coverage!!!

You have an excellent blog here, enjoyed reading your post and pictures.

Added myself in "Join this site" to follow your blog :)

Sandy Carlson said...

What a great atmosphere! Great view.

Fly Girl said...

Weekend, thanks so much for visiting and joining! I'm on my way to visit your page too!

Sandy, thanks!

Andrew Graeme Gould said...

A great capture. Love the composition, too.

Fly Girl said...

Andrew, thanks! That means a lot coming from you.