Next Stop: Maui


It's been a  year of non-stop travel adventures but I'm excited that my last trip of the year will surround me with the natural beauty of Maui. The Maui Visitors and Conventions Bureau have invited me to explore the ecological initiatives and natural landscapes of the island. I'll be taking in the legendarily stunning sunrise at Haleakala National Park, and hiking through portions of the park, pictured above. I'm going to visit a taro farm, which is the essential ingredient of the Hawaiian staple of poi. Native plant reserves and the Honolua Bay Marine Preserve will be another feature of my trip as well as a ride in a traditional outrigger canoe. Of course, I'll  also be going to a luau and sampling noted Maui cuisine. Please look out for photos and posts next week! Aloha!

Comments

Steve Giordano said…
Get to Napili Kai Beach Resort if you can, and their Sea House Happy Hour - consistently the best on the island. They'd love to host you a night or 2 if it's not already on your itinerary. We just spent 3 weeks there.
Fly Girl said…
Thanks Steve! I was actually looking at that resort for the slack key show. I will try to check it out, thanks so much for the tip.
Always on the move! :-)

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Cubano, That's what my life's path is all about!

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons