Next Stop: New Orleans



This week, I'm going on a special trip. I'm headed to New Orleans with my mother, aunt and uncle to research our family history in the Crescent City.  I've been digging through centuries of records and history to discover the lives of my ancestors and in New Orleans we will try to trace their steps. We'll be visiting neighborhoods, cemeteries and historical societies for my research. We'll also be attending the Gumbo Festival in Treme and soaking up required music on French Street and all the  necessary restaurants.  This is a guaranteed adventure into my family's history so please stay tuned!

Comments

Nas said…
Enjoy your travels!
I hope you have (had) a fantastic time. :-)

Greetings from London.
Fly Girl said…
Nas, thanks so much!
Cubano, it was a very rewarding trip, post coming today!

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons