Next Stop: South Africa!

Photo by Lina Loos

During the coming weeks, I will be exploring the landscape, people and culture of South Africa. I can't even begin to explain the level of excitement I feel for this opportunity to dive into the complex and dynamic history and traditions of South Africa I've been invited by South Africa tourism to attend Africa's Travel Indaba 2019, which is the continent's largest travel show.  I'll learn about tourism initiatives from countries all over the continent  (including many sustainable ones) and then visiting Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg.  My itinerary is packed with too many activities to name them all but highlights include a visit to a Zulu Village, Table Mountain, shown above, Cape Town wineries and a Big 5 safari. I'll also be investigating the conditions and changes of South African citizens 25 years after the end of apartheid, as well as relief efforts after the devastating floods in Durban last week.  Please stay tuned for photos, videos and posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling Through A Liberian Childhood

Puerto Rico's Taino Culture

Switzerland's Fete Des Vignerons